The Afghanistan District provides engineering solutions and expertise in support of U.S. efforts to help build a stronger Afghanistan.
The Afghanistan District performs project management, engineering, and construction throughout Afghanistan in support of Operation Freedom’s Sentinel and Operation Resolute Support. The district provides Afghanistan with facilities and infrastructure to strengthen its security posture and create economic opportunities for years to come.
Among its major programs are:
- The Afghanistan Infrastructure Fund program helps improve security, increase governance, and promote economic development by providing reliable and sustainable infrastructure to the people of Afghanistan. Projects deliver water and electrical infrastructure.
- The Afghan National Defense Security Forces program is geared to provide quality facilities, improve infrastructure management systems, and enhance combat and general engineer capabilities for the Afghan National Army and Afghan National Police.
The Afghanistan District uses its engineering expertise to assist in building a stronger Afghanistan by focusing on the following priorities:
- Execute the Program: Design, contract for, and construct facilities and solutions for Afghanistan’s engineering challenges.
- Build Capacity: Provide opportunities to grow the Afghanistan construction sector.
- Manage Transition: Turn over facilities and infrastructure to the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) to use, operate, and maintain independently.