- SIV Case Number (if you served for at least one year)
- SIV-P2 Request Form
- P2 Referral Data Form (Excel format only)
- HR letter that includes the following:
Name of individual
Contractor DUNS Number
Dates of employment
* If you do not know your DUNS number, you can look it up at https://sam.gov/content/home
• The DRST CAN assist Afghan nationals who worked less than one year on USACE-awarded contracts verify employment and submit applications on their behalf to the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (P2).
• The DRST CAN verify employment for Afghan nationals who worked more than one year on USACE-awarded contracts and refer them to Project Rabbit https://afghanwarnews.info/taliban-victory-2021/project-rabbit.htm
• The DRST CANNOT contact USACE supervisors or provide letters of recommendation in support of SIV applications.
• The DRST CANNOT provide documentation or letters of recommendation for Afghans who worked with other government agencies (including the U.S. Army, USAID, the U.S. Embassy, ANP, ISAF or NATO).
• The DRST CANNOT provide a status update on your pending SIV or P2 case or assist with evacuation requests.
• Due to the large number of requests, current processing time is 4-6 months after we receive all required documents.
• Do NOT send follow-up or reminder emails. This will increase the time it takes to process your case. The DRST will NOT provide updates or respond to unsolicited follow-up emails. We WILL contact you if we need additional information and notify you of the outcome of your case.
If you did NOT work on a USACE-awarded contract or cannot provide the name of your USACE supervisor, USACE contractor number, or USACE contractor name, the DRST CANNOT assist you. Please contact the US Department of State for assistance: https://www.state.gov/afghanistan-inquiries/
Here's what you need to do:
STEP 1: If you worked for or on behalf of USACE for at least one (1) year, apply for a Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/special-immg-visa-afghans-employed-us-gov.html
STEP 2: If you have received a SIV Case Number and you require a Letter of Recommendation/Employment Verification to complete your SIV application - OR - if you do not meet the minimum time-in-service requirement for SIV:
Complete the two (2) attached forms and return with your supporting documents in one (1) email to USACE-TAD-DRST@usace.army.mil. Do not send zip files or send attachments in multiple emails.
The DRST cannot review your request without the following
- SIV case number (if you served more for at least one year)
- contract number or contractor name.
If you already have a signed Letter of Recommendation from your supervisor, please submit your SIV application directly to the Department of State. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/special-immg-visa-afghans-employed-us-gov.html